Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs Place chicken drumsticks in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Jollof Rice is a popular West African casserole of chicken, rice and vegetables in a mild tomato curry sauce. Full of interesting flavors yet mild enough to It's that comforting one-pot chicken and rice dish many of us know and love, the kind of dish that is cooked in kitchens across the globe, each slightly.
Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken. This basic Deep Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken is just one of my personal favorite ways to utilise remaining hemp, and it`s geared up within 19 minutes. It is good naturally and also like a facet
Add the tomatoes, red bell pepper, quartered onion, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in chicken, along with rice. Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal. Today, We are likely to show you making Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken with simple ingredients, exactly like Chinese restaurants. My Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken recipe is the better on planet!
I will even teach you on how to use up leftover steamed rice and make it into an appetizing, cheap, and flavorful meal for the wole family!
Can I Cook Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken?
Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken possibly the absolute most ordered meal or side on the menu at any take out restaurant, Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken is loved by people all over the world. Adding crispy bacon to it causes it to be so good, you dont want to order in after trying it out! Most recipes adhere to just soy sauce as a flavour base, but over time of earning it, I are finding the best flavour combination to be made of just four extra ingredients.
You can make Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken
- You need 1 kg of rice.
- Prepare 8 of medium size fresh tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of quarter of dried pepper.
- You need 4 of fresh red pepper.
- Prepare 4 of fresh green pepper.
- It’s 1 pack of green peas.
- Prepare 2 of large balls of onion.
- It’s 2 of medium size spring onion.
- Prepare 4 cubes of Maggi seasoning.
- You need of All purpose seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- You need of Curry powder.
- You need of I full chicken.
- You need of Kpomo(cow skin).
- Prepare of For salad.
- Prepare of Cabbage.
- You need 2 sticks of carrot.
- Prepare of Medium size cucumber (optional).
- It’s of Salad cream.
Jollof rice is one of the most common West African dishes eaten in the regions of Nigeria, Ghana Chicken fried rice – So easy and delicious! Nigerian Jollof Rice – a spicy and vibrant one-pot tomato rice, which will become a family favorite, this is probably the best-known Nigerian food recipe. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan or non-stick pan. Chicken (whole chicken, drumsticks or chicken breast).
Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken instructions
- First I cut or dice my red and green pepper my onion I also dice my kpomo then I blend my fresh tomatoes some of my fresh red pepper and onion.
- Then i cut and neatly wash my chicken and my diced kpomo then add my seasonings, onions and add some water then leave it on the burner until the chicken is well cooked and soft.
- I then pre boil my rice and wash, set aside and fry my chicken in sunflower oil(medium heat) so when everything is ready I fry my tomato purée then add my stock water and some more seasoning and salt when this is ready I add my pre boiled rice and allow to cook for maybe 20-30 mins depending on your cooker.
- When the water starts drying up I add my peas some of my green and red pepper and that's it so when the water is all dried up I stir with a wooden spoon and yes my jollof rice is ready.
- Over to kpomo I add a little bit of oil in a frying pan add some chopped onion and my roughly blended pepper and fry I then pour in my already cooked kpomo, curry,seasoning cube and salt then stir fry for about 2/3 mins and my pepper kpomo is ready.
- For my salad I wash my cabbage,carrot and cucumber then grate my cabbage and carrot put in a clean plate add my salad cream an that is it 😊.
Some tips to cook Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken
Please do not use fresh steamed rice because the rice grains have an excessive amount of moisture content and too starchy for stir fry. The rice will clump and stick together in lumps.
Use leftover steamed rice, or “overnight” rice. It means rice that were left overnight in the refrigerator while the rain grains are drier and have lost the moisture content.
The next time you dine out at Chinese restaurants or takeout restaurants, ask for an extra serving of steamed white rice. Carry it home and keep in the refrigerator. The following day, you have an ideal “overnight” or leftover rice which can be ideal for causeing this recipe.
When done, grill it in an oven. This is to give it a golden look which is more presentable especially if you have guests Parboil the rice using the method detailed in parboiling rice for cooking jollof rice. Jollof Rice – Easy, flavorful and perfectly cooked African classic dish Jollof rice both made Jollof Rice, or sometimes called as jellof rice, is a classic rice dish cooked in a flavorful tomato-based broth. Simply stir fry shrimp, beef or chicken and medley of vegetables, mix with the rice and serve. Serve the rice with the chicken, as well as fried plantains or a green leaf salad on the side.